What We Offer
Designed With Your Practice In Mind
Outsourced Billing for Ophthalmologists
PMRG provides ophthalmology practices (and all related sub-specialties) a comprehensive billing service that gives ophthalmologists the comfort and confidence that their clinical services are being converted into the appropriate level of practice income. We start every billing engagement with a depth of knowledge developed from over 30 years of practice and consulting with ophthalmologists nationally.
Our dedicated specialists manage the entire, minutely detailed process of credentialing and act as a sole point of contact with insurers and government agencies throughout the entire engagement, insuring that the provider is set up completely and accurately.
- AR Clean Up Projects
- Fee Schedule Review and Management
- Custom Reporting
- Data Analysis
- Business Process Consulting
Outsourced Billing for Ophthalmologists
Maintaining an effective and professional billing staff can be both challenging and expensive for an ophthalmology practice. People leave, get hired away or worse, just do a bad job managing this critical aspect of your business. PMRG offers a sound alternative to this potentially difficult and time-consuming business model.
By outsourcing your billing and receivables management to PMRG, you have a real partner in running your business. You’ll find that you have the freedom to concentrate on practicing medicine with the confidence that the business of your practice is being professionally managed by ophthalmic billing experts backed by a sound management team committed to your success.
The PMRG billing service for ophthalmologists provides:
A Consultative Approach
PMRG has been a leader in increasing the financial performance of ophthalmology practices for over 30 years. We apply our consulting best practices and principles in the installation and operation of each billing client. This approach insures that the clinical services you provide are translating into optimal collections. Further, you have access to clear and cogent management reports that give you the tools to effectively manage your practice.
Expert Billing Operations
The PMRG operations center, located in Tinley Park, Illinois, is staffed with ophthalmic billing professionals who handle all aspects of insurance billing, as well as patient statements and patient billing questions. Your business is managed on state-of-the-art software and through a leading edge, web-based clearing house. All reporting is real-time, and because it is web-based, it is always available for your review.
Ongoing Practice Management
PMRG operates as your full partner in the financial well-being of your practice. Our detailed monthly management report and regular management oversight meetings give you what you need to build a successful practice. Our reporting team provides you with expertly prepared ad-hoc reports as you need them. Our clients services team is looking out for changes in credentialing rules and requirements to make sure you and your practice are kept up to date.
Value Add Services
- Oversight and controls on cash flow and management. Because the charges and payments are handled such that no one person has control over the entire process, there are solid checks and balances in place that insures all money is being accounted for.
- Management and support of the practice management computer system on your behalf. We interface with the software vendor (AdvancedMD), and can generally handle all of your software questions ourselves. So long as you use AdvancedMD, you never have to pay for support.
- Sophisticated reporting. PMRG has a reporting specialist on our team that is available for ad-hoc, on-demand reports. No one on your team needs to take valuable time to learn how to run every report or take the time to generate those reports. Plus, we have a team to analyze and make sense of the data on your behalf.
- Fee schedule management. We will advise you on where to set your fee schedule, and will keep it up to date with the changing Medicare reimbursement levels to insure optimal reimbursements.
Not sure if outsourced billing is right for you? Read our document: Six Key Questions about Outsourcing Your Billing.
PMRG recommends and uses AdvancedMD as a practice management software platform. Click here to learn more about AdvancedMD.
Click here to read a case study on our partnership with AdvMD.
If you are interested in finding out more about our billing service, please click here to contact us….
PMRG’s physician credentialing service handles the minutely detailed process of contacting payers, filling out forms and managing approvals. We provide this service for new practices or physicians, to physicians joining a new practice that as well as to groups or surgery centers. Our professionals are experienced with the ins and outs of Medicare and Medicaid as well as commercial carriers and can generally navigate this difficult and sometimes cumbersome process quickly and thoroughly insuring that physician services are being reimbursed as quickly as is possible.
What we do:
- Act as sole point of contact for all aspects of credentialing for the provider and the payer.
- Contact commercial and governmental payers to determine credentialing requirements by state and specialty.
- Work closely with practice to compile all necessary credentialing information and supporting documentation (e.g. copies of medical license, DEA certificates, etc).
- Verify and update CAQH for the duration of the credentialing agreement.
- Review all information for accuracy.
- Fill out comprehensive applications and submit with all necessary documentation.
- Follow up with payers to ensure that all information has been received.
- Monitor ongoing progress of credentialing to insure everything is done completely.
- Review existing credentialing and resolve any issues or discrepancies that are negatively impacting reimbursement levels.
Are you interested in talking to PMRG about our credentialing services? If so, please click here to contact us….