Q4 2021 Newsletter
Happy Year End from PMRG
As 2021 draws to a close, on behalf of all of us here at PMRG, Donna and I would like to express our thanks and gratitude to each of you for trusting PMRG with the all-important work of managing your revenue cycle—making sure your practice got paid for the services it provided to your patients.
As I suspect it was for most if not all of you, this past year has been exceptionally difficult and has challenged our patience and fortitude across the board. We end 2021 grounded in the knowledge that we have done everything we have been able to do to take care of our staff and to do the right work for you, our clients. We also know and acknowledge that has not always happened. Donna and I are making the moves we need to make to ensure 2022 is one of the best—if not the best—year yet.
We wish you, your staff, and your families the most wonderful of holidays, however you celebrate!
I’m providing the following list e-mail addresses to keep in your directory. This is simply a reminder as to how best to contact us for the various things you might need. And, as always, Donna and I are available, especially if you’re not getting what you need from us. Ultimately, our job is to make sure you, our client, are getting the service and attention you need.
- The most important person for you is your account manager. If you’re not sure who that is, please get to Donna (email@example.com) so she can rectify that situation straight away!
- firstname.lastname@example.org for any custom reports you may need. Our reports team is strong and knowledgeable. Our promise is to get custom report requests turned around within one business day. As you might imagine, this isn’t always doable, but it is what we strive for.
- email@example.com for technical support issues. This team will take care of you if you have locked yourself out of AdvancedMD, have issues with accessing e-bridge, or any other technology questions you might have in how you interact with PMRG.
- firstname.lastname@example.org for anything related to billing that is not billing! This could be anything from credentialing questions to issues with electronic remittance advices (ERAs) to problems with a carrier (oh, do we have those!).
- Finally, as most of you know by now, Jana Holt joined PMRG in January of this year, and has become an invaluable part of our team. Jana is a Certified Professional Coder (CPC), a Certified Professional Ophthalmic Coder (CPOC) and a Certified Professional Medical Auditor (CPMA) and has deep experience as a hands-on practice manager. She is available for a host of projects and consultations. Jana can be reached at email@example.com.