Coding and Compliance
With over 12 years in clinical background and 25 years of CPT coding and compliance, PMRG has the unique expertise and experience you need for providing periodic review of patient encounter coding and medical record documentation compliance. In addition, our reviews can insure that you are in compliance with CMS regulations and guidelines that govern payments to physicians for patient encounters under the Medicare program.
Our off-site review and training provides the following deliverables:
- A review of a stratified sample of 10 patient encounter charges and corresponding medical records for each physician
- A web seminar on patient encounter coding and medical record documentation based on the findings
Our education programs train physicians and key staff on CMS regulations and guidelines, continued evaluation and analysis of physician charges, and a means for identifying at-risk processes and procedures.
The deliverables for the off-site patient encounter coding and compliance review include:
- A report of CPT coding frequency for each of the providers in the practice for at minimum the most current 6-month period of time
- A review of a stratified sample of at least 10 patient encounter charges and corresponding medical records for each physician in the practice
- A web-based seminar to present the findings and provide education and training as needed on patient encounter coding and medical records documentation